Anna University rank list has been published and it is published much before the counselling process. Only the eligible candidates on the basis of rank and cut off marks are invited for the counselling process.
The rank list will be decided on the followinf basis:
1. Engineering Cutoff : Candiadtes who ahve higher Engineering cut off will be consideered forst for the counselling process.
2. Maths Mark : In case two candidates have samemarks in teh engineering cut off then teh candidate with higher marks in Maths will be called for the counselling process first.
3. Physics Mark :In case two candidates have same marks in the engineering cut off and the math marks then the candidate with higher marks Physics will be called for the counselling process first.
4. Chemistry Mark : In case two candidates have same marks in the engineering cut off, Maths and Physics then the candidate with higher marks in Chemistry will be called for the counselling process first.
5. Biology / Computer Science Marks :If the 2 candidates have same marks in all above then candidates having higher marks in Biology will be called first.
6. Date of Birth : If 2 students have same marks in all the 4 mentioned above then the candidates older in age will be called first.
7. Random Number : If 2 candidates have everything same as mentioned above then the candidates will be called in a random way.
Anna University – What is Cutoff marks in TNEA Counselling
Every candidate has a minimum required percentile for admissions for being eligible for admissions into the TNEA 2017. That cut ff marks is essential for candidates entering the counselling process.